Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.lighthousehealth.nl.
Pretoriusstraat 55H, 1092 GA Amsterdam
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
We will keep your personal data for as long as you are using our services and for 8 years. We keep your data for X years because you may need on-going care or access to your records in the future. Please let us know when you want to be removed from our system.
Who we share your data with
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Subject to our legal basis, we share data with:
- Other parts of the health system such as local hospitals, GPs and other health and care professionals;
- Other professionals such as solicitors or insurers, upon your request;
- Organisations we have a legal obligation to share information with for safeguarding purposes;
- The courts, police or other law enforcement agencies if we have to by law, court order or at your request;
- Our legal advisors and consultants;
- Our regulators;
- Our insurance providers; and
- Our software and cloud service providers.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
We provide health care services and, in order to provide these services, we need to process your personal data. We process information about you when you begin using our services or when we have had a referral for you from your doctor, a hospital or other health care provider and we process it on an on-going basis.
Dependent upon the services required, we may process the following:
- name, address, phone number, date of birth and marital status;
- a record of the information that you provide to us;
- the name of your next of kin, family members or of any person named by you;
- the name, address and telephone number of your general practitioner;
- the date on which you started using our services;
- the date on which you ceased to use our services;
- a record of any incident affecting you which is detrimental to your health or welfare, which record shall include the nature of the incident and whether medical treatment was required;
- a record of any medical care provided to you, including a record of your condition and any treatment or surgical intervention;
- details of any specialist communications needs that you may have and methods of communication that may be appropriate;
- a record of any complaints/ compliments made by you and the action taken in respect of any such complain/ compliment;
- data revealing your physical or mental health;
- if you are referred to another service provider, the name of the provider and date on which you were referred;
- a unique client number.
If you have been referred to us by another health care provider, your GP or a hospital, we will tell you who referred you and what information was provided in your referral form.